I made this hearty sweet potato and spinach breakfast bowl for my husband, and it was such a great meal. While I love oatmeal and cereal in the morning, having veggies, a healthy starch, and some protein will definitely fill you up until lunchtime. Also, why is everything so much better with an egg? This dish sans egg would be great for a dinner side dish, too!
I roasted the sweet potato the night before while I made dinner and then used it the next day, but you can definitely make it in the morning, too.
- 1 sweet potato, peeled (if you like) and cut into 1/4-inch slices
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
1/4 cup finely diced yellow or white onions
5-6 cups tightly packed spinach leaves
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/4 cup goat cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup fresh chives, minced
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a sheet pan with parchment.
- Toss the sweet potato slices with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt. Roast on the prepped sheet pan for 30 minutes, flipping once in between, until browned but not dry.
- Sauté the onion with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat until soft and translucent. Add the potatoes, spinach, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and sauté for about 30 seconds to 1 minute, until the spinach is wilted. Toss with tongs, if necessary.
- Heat the butter in a nonstick pan over high heat. Crack the eggs into a small bowl, and slide them into the pan. Cook until the whites are set, but the yolks are running, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the potato mixture into the two bowls. Slide the eggs onto the potatoes. Sprinkle with goat cheese and chives. Enjoy immediately.
Cuisine: North American
Yield: Serves 2
The post Take a Break From Cereal and Have a Healthy Sweet Potato and Spinach Breakfast Bowl appeared first on Feminitia.